Professional development, qualifications and experience
I am an accredited counsellor and psychotherapist working full-time in my roles as psychotherapist, counsellor and life coach. I've completed a one year Foundation in Counselling and Psychotherapy followed by a four year Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy at the Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education in London. I'm fully accredited by the UKCP (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy), am a Member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy), am on the BACP Register for Counsellors and Psychotherapists and am a member of the Surrey Counselling and Psychotherapy Initiative.
As its name suggests, the Integrative approach takes in all the major schools of psychotherapy and counselling including:
- person-centered and humanistic;
- cognitive behavioural therapy; and
- the transpersonal (including working with dreams and creative imagination).
If you would like to know anything further about any of these ways of working, please just ask me.
My life coaching work involves the use of what I consider to be the most effective and beneficial techniques coming from the many years that coaching has been used by people to effect change.
Prior to beginning my private practice I carried out both short and long term work for:
- the Counselling Partnership, St Peter’s Hospital, Chertsey, Surrey;
- West London Centre for Counselling Service, Shepherd’s Bush, London;
- Help Counselling Service, Notting Hill, London;
- Living Well CIC, Ladbroke Grove, London; and
- the GMI Partnership, London in Vauxhall and at Mayday Hospital, Croydon.
I have also completed:
- a Certificate in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing) with training approved by both the EMDRIA and the EMDR-E;
- a clinical placement on the Hughlings Jackson Psychiatric Ward at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neuro-surgery in Queen Square, London;
- four full day courses covering the psychiatric DSM(IV) handbook;
- a Level 2 Award in Understanding Health Improvement (Credit) with the GMI Partnership;
- a Mindfulness course with Living Well; and
- an Introduction to Solution Focused Brief Therapy with The Counselling Partnership.
In terms of my career prior to this work, I worked in the City of London for around 10 years.